Sunday, February 10, 2013

Homemade Feta

I made Feta out of 1 gallon of Milk and received 1lb and 10 3/4 oz of Feta.

After cutting the curd

Cooking the curd, see all the extra whey.

Pressing my Feta and drain pan set up.
Does anyone know where I can find a square mold?  I kept my cheese cloth wrapped around my cheese and flipped it 3 times.

Weighing in at 1lb 10 3/4 oz
I brined it whole for 3 days and then cut it into 4ths to help the brine penetrate to create crumbly goodness.
I think I am going to cut the feta into smaller cubes.  It is delicious but still creamy inside.  The creamy-ness is not a down side but I do like the texture it is forming on the outside with the crumbly nature that the brine is giving it.



Pizza
 We tried it on homemade pizza tonight and was rewarded!



1 comment: