Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Baking your Boiled Eggs

I saw this picture:
With these instructions:

Easy Hard "Boiled" Eggs!
Bake at 325 for 30 minutes. Remove with Tongs and place in an ice bath immediately.

When I do this many eggs I just fill the sink with ice water and place them right in there. Eggs are SO EASY to peel, no sticking!

**Tip: Place them on their side on a mini muffin pan (on their side so the yolks stay in the middle)...mini muffin pan so they don't roll all over

 _________________________________________________________________________

So I tried 4 eggs.  My sister thought the eggs would burst and my husband was sure he was going to have to help me clean up a mess of some kind.

I didn't follow the directions correctly.  I did 350 for 30 minutes and I go this:
Scorch Marks

I will however agree that they were really easy to peel.  Now I have to try it again at 325.
Oh well now I have 8 deviled eggs to eat! YUM

Augustsnow


















1 comment:

  1. I've never heard go doing this...good idea in the muffin pans

    ReplyDelete