Here is the, final, finished quilt top. I added an extra width of border on the sides so I would have more drop down length.
I started randomly sewing scraps together to create a backing.
I started having the feeling that it was to pretty to be a backing, and definitely not the backing for this quilt. I think this quilt top needs an 'older' looking backing. Maybe something in the fuddy duddy realm.
So this might still get to be a backing, or maybe it will become a front. The great thing is that I have used some more hand me down fabric to create.
Thanks to all the other blogs I frequent for the inspiration.