Friday, October 21, 2016

Dutch Darlings Quilt

This can be a super scrappy quilt or down played with a smaller color way. I decided to go all the way! Pattern by Cristy Fincher of Purple Daisies Quilting.  I was lucky enough to be a pattern tester for this one. It has turned edge applique. Mine finishes at 80"x80".


I did a dense stipple around the applique to help 'pop' even more. An outline 'in the ditch' around the patchwork flowers and a spiral in the background space.


Some in process photos:

Picking my colorway.
Marking my colorway so I don't forget.
I was extremely organized with this quilt.

A finished pieced tulip.
Applique done.
Borders, borders, and more borders.
If I didn't have a scrappy backing the quilt was going to be mad at me.
I just love that purple and green pairing.



Really tiny stippling.
Binding!
and a short movie if you have never seen free motion quilting on a domestic (not longarm) machine.



As Always,
Augustsnow
















1 comment: