Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Books Read 4.4.12

I got 3 more books read. 

People of the Book By Geraldine Brooks
HypnoBirthing: The Mongan Method by Marie F. Mongan
Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford

People of the Book
I really liked People of the Book, I listened to it on audio tape so the story telling format was hard to get used to until I figured it out.  But if I had been reading it it wouldn't have been a problem.  The story for me was compelling.  The forensic anthropology of how the book was made and where it went and who it effected....I enjoyed it. 

HynoBirthing
This is about relaxation techniques to be used in childbirth and other birth information.  The scripts that are taught; relaxation and deepening techniques would be useful for anyone in any situation.  I have already used it at work at my desk and in particularly stressful meetings.  My husband took the class with me and has been reading the book and he has used the techniques himself since and enjoys practicing with me.  We are planning on using some of these techniques during our birth. 

Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet
For me this book started off a little slow.  But again it could be because I had it on audio tape.  How else would I get all this quilting done!  The story, though fiction, has a lot of truth in it about WWII.  I also particularly enjoyed reading about characters that have a different culture then myself.  Good story.  My favorite character is the Jazz musician. 

No comments:

Post a Comment