Friday, April 6, 2012

Friday Finish: Red Ziggy and Coral Wall Hanging Tops

I am very proud I have 2 finishes this Friday.  I have been working on a zigzag quilt with left over parts and I have the top done.  I am hoping to put it all together this Sunday, but we will see given it is a Holiday weekend.
My other finish is a little girls wall hanging.  I had stacks of blocks that was found in my inherited box of random fabric.  These stacks have become one lap quilt and another top that is yet to be finished already but I had pulled out all these coral design fabrics.  I was looking at them this week and couldn't resist a drawn line triangle technique to make my design.  I just decided which color was going with which and made them into triangle pairs and let that dictate what the outcome was going to be.  I am quite happy with it.  If our baby happens to be a girl I'm going to keep it because I just love the fabric design and color, but if not I know someone who is having a girl and they'll get it.  Either way it will be loved.

Red Ziggy

Coral Wall Hanging
Forgive the out of focus photos, I don't know what is up.  My camera is normally very good but I just can't seem to get the lighting right in my apartment and maybe the lens needs a cleaning.
I am rather excited about quilting the wall hanging.  I don't have a quilting machine proper but I am planning to do something fun and hopefully bordering on real quilting with it.  Well that is my plan anyway.We'll see what actually happens.
Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts


As Always,
Augustsnow

No comments:

Post a Comment