Sunday, February 23, 2014

Maternity pants

I am preggers again! Very excited. Last time I bought 2 pairs of jeans and borrowed some jeans extra from friends that were recently pregnant. But this time my work requires business attire. I'm still not sure why, but that is another story.  I don't want to buy another maternity wardrobe just for 4.5 months so I took to the web and looked around on what other expected moms where doing.
I bought some jersey fabric at my local discount fabric store and bought a pair of corduroy pants and a skirt from Good Will. 

This is how my pants turned out.
I wanted to make sure I could still use the pockets and I also wanted to have the belly band to go rather low because on my 1st it found it uncomfortable to anything cutting into the lower part of my belly.
This photo shows the pants with the waist band removed and the curve cut out of the front.
Here is the skirt I bought. You can't see in the photo but it has little bits of blue, red, green, and yellow in the weave so it show work nicely with lots of tops.
I'm planning on using the cut out piece from the corduroys as a template.



Augustsnow


No comments:

Post a Comment