Friday, March 9, 2012

Ribbed Baby Jacket: Finish up Friday

I have been working on baby sweaters recently.  My latest creation is the Ribbed Baby Jacket by Debbie Bliss.  I got the pattern here.  It is a weird page but wait a few seconds and then download the pdf.  If you are on Ravelry you can also search for it that way.
 This should fit a 6-9 month old.  
I still need to add a button about half way down.

 As you can see the body is knit in one piece and then you pick up stitches for the collar.  Seaming is in the underarm from wrist down the side to the waist. 
With just the collar to be put on.

Before my Gram passed I was given her totes full of craft stuff.  So I have pounds of yarn that is good washable yarn that I am trying to use up.  Baby sweaters are perfect because I don't have to worry so much about having enough yardage to finish the project.  Thus I have been searching high and low for patterns that use approximately this yarns weight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment